The 19th Edition of Operalia ended on Sunday, 24thJuly.
The enthusiasm of the Russian public, the exceptional level of all the singers, the commitment of the judges, together with the value of the prizes, made this edition very special, indeed unique in the global scenario.
- Two First Prizes* (US$ 30,000.00) Pretty Yende and René Barbera
- Two Second Prizes* (US$ 20,000.00) Olga Busuioc and Konstantin Shushakov
- Two Third Prizes* (US$ 10,000.00) Olga Pudova and Jaesig Lee
- Two Birgit Nilsson Prizes* (US$ 15,000.00) Jongmin Park
- The Pepita Embil Domingo Prize of Zarzuela (US$ 10,000.00) Pretty Yende and Olga Busuioc
- The Don Plácido Domingo, Sr. Prize of Zarzuela (US$ 10,000.00) René Barbera
- Two Audience Prizes* (Watch offered by Rolex) Pretty Yende and René Barbera
- The Culturarte Prize (US$ 10,000.00) Javier Arrey
Never before, in the history of Operalia, a singer has been awarded three prizes, including the first prize, as it happened for the two main winners of this edition: Pretty Yende and René Barbera.
The audience and the judges agreed, by confirming each other’s vote, and the two Audience Prizes have been, as usual, two splendid watches offered by the main sponsor Rolex.
Once more Operalia has confirmed to be ‘THE’ world opera competition for young singers.